The VCA Matrix from 4ms is a playable 4x4 matrix of 16 VCAs.
- Four CV or audio inputs can be routed in any amount/combination to four outputs, using the 16 CV control jacks, Level knobs, and Mute buttons.
- 4 CV/audio inputs and 4 outputs (buffered and dc-coupled)
- Full range (0Hz - 20kHz) for both Control and Signal inputs, allows for AM effects, etc.
- 16 VCA's using high quality SSM chips
- Attenuation/gain range from -100dB (mute) to 0dB (unity). Up to +20dB boost with trimpot adjustment.
- Playable surface with 16 latching Mute LED buttons, used to mute each VCA individually (Mute button disconnects Control jack and Level knob, and fully attenuates the VCA)
- LED button brightness indicates amount of attenuation and Control CV signal
- 16 Control jacks for VCA level control
- 16 Level knobs attenuate the incoming Control signals. The Level knobs act as manual level controls when nothing is plugged into the Control jack
Exponential VCA response in low control voltage range, pseudo-log response in higher voltage range.
- "Soft Limit" effect limits gain to prevent clipping, while still responding to higher Control voltages with more "punch" and wider pulses
- Matrix Expandability: VCA Matrices can be connected to form a larger matrix using headers on the back (4x8, 8x8, 12x4, etc)
- Control Expandability: 16-pin header on back side of PCB allows an external device to control all VCAs: e.g. patch recall, patch sequencing, preset patterns such as quadrature panning, etc.
- Suitable as a 4x4 mixer, splitter, dynamic signal router, limited waveshaper, etc.