The E355 is a 14hp Eurorack module with two LFOs that use our unique morphing algorithm to create over 10,000 different waveforms. the two outputs can vary from one cycle in 12 minutes to 1000Hz, with high and low ranges available. The use of a 24 MHz 32-bit ARM processor means virtually no frequency drift.
The E355 has features to make it useful in both live and in the studio. The two LFOs are "locked" to each other in one of three ways, chosen by a panel switch:
- LFO1 and LFO2 have independent rates and the same waveshape and phase
- LFO2 has independent waveshape but the same rate and phase as LFO1
- LFO1 and LFO2 have the same rate/waveshape but variable phase from 0-360°
LFO1 can be thought of as the "master" LFO as it always has independent rate, FM, and morphing. Each LFO tracks 1v/Oct and all parameters are under voltage control. There are two leds that vary in brightness based on output amplitude in 128 levels.
The E355 uses the same morphing engine as the E350 Morphing Terrarium. The transition from one stored wavetable to another is broken down into 4096 calculated waves. There are 3 banks of waves to select from:
- Bank A: basic waves in order of harmonic complexity (sine, triangle, saw up, saw down, 25/50/75% pulses and noise)
- Bank B: the waves in Bank A are repeated in frequency as 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc up to 8x. This allows the LFOs to have a very wide range between them if necessary or to use this as a basic audio oscillator (limited to 1khz).
- Bank C: the 64 waves taken from Bank C of the E350 Morphing Terrarium (created by Robert Rich) to go way beyond the ordinary. Sequences of notes, arpeggiated effects, pings, swoops, and lattice phase modulation are just a few of the options contained within. In the audio range these can be harsh, noisy, and crunchy.
There are also two external inputs to either sync the LFOs or to hold ("freeze") the outputs at the current stage of the waveform.
|Power||14-pin Eurorack (32mA from +12V, 12mA from -12V)
4-pin MOTM (32mA from +15V, 12mA from -15V)
|CV Range||10Vpp (-5V to +5V)|
|Frequency Range||Bank A and C (LOW): 12min/cycle to 2Hz
Bank A and C (HIGH): 8sec/cycle to 124Hz
Bank B (LOW @ 8x): 1.5min/cycle to 16hz
Bank B (HIGH @ 8x): 1Hz to 1020Hz
|Jumper Options||Set SYNC and HOLD for LFO1+LFO2 or LFO1 only|
|LFO1 Rate||Frequency of LFO1|
|FM||Attenuates the FM input voltage from 0-100%|
|Morph||Selects wavetables from the current bank|
|Morph Mod||Controls modulation level of Morph CV input|
|LFO2 Function||Initial setting for the selected LFO2 behavior|
|Mode switch||Controls the reltionship between LFO1 and LFO2|
|Range switch||Sets the frequency range for both LFOs|
|Bank switch||Selects a wavetable bank for both LFOs:
Bank A: basic waveforms
Bank B: copy of Bank A waveforms at higher frequencies, to allow audio-rate modulations
Bank C: waveforms from the E350 Morphing Terrarium
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
|1V/Oct||1 volt per octave control for the initial LFO frequency|
|FM||LFO frequency modulation input|
|Morph CV||Scans through the wavetables in the selected bank|
|LFO2 CV||Modulate the function of LFO2 (attenuation recommended)|
|Sync||Reset LFO outputs to -5V. Jumper-configurable to sync LFO1+LFO2 or LFO1 only.|
|Hold||CV input of +1.2V or higher will freeze the levels of the LFO outputs. Jumper-configurable to freeze LFO1+LFO2 or LFO1 only.|
|LFO1 Out||CV output for LFO1 (-5V to +5V range)|
|LFO2 Out||CV output for LFO2 (-5V to +5V range)|