Master of the digital method
The sound of steel monoliths and flickering neon signs. Icy, metallic perfection. Magnificent desolation. Through the unique and accessible take on FM synthesis, Digitone is a prime source of new sounds and timbres. Down the rabbit hole we go.
Digitone represents our vision of how FM synthesis can be revitalized and modernized. Here’s how: combine FM sound generation with a classic subtractive synthesis signal flow. From jagged chaos to mellow soundscapes in less than a second. Digitone is one unique box.
Choose from multiple FM algorithms featuring carefully selected parameters. Shape the tones with powerful filters. Arrange them with the intuitive Elektron sequencer. Round off with the stellar effects. Now enjoy the most spectacular sounds, seemingly emanating from some parallel universe.
Digitone comes packed with grade-A factory content, designed to be the perfect starting block for your explorations of the FM universe.
Digitone and Overbridge
Overbridge for Digitone brings new-school FM synthesis to DAW environments. Edit parameters directly from your computer screen. Record all internal tracks individually. Overbridge greatly enhances the Digitone workflow.
- Fully integrate Digitone with DAW environments
- Use Digitone as a 2 in/2 out sound card (CoreAudio/ASIO/WDM)
- Control your Digitone with audio and sync using a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface (stand-alone operation possible)
- Stream all internal tracks, external inputs, and main bus to separate DAW tracks (24 bit/48 kHz)
- Recall all Digitone settings when loading a DAW project
Synth voice features
- 8 voice polyphony (multitimbral)
- Multiple FM algorithms
- 1 × multimode filter per voice
- 1 × base-width filter per voice
- 1 × overdrive per voice
- 2 × assignable LFO per voice
- 4 synth tracks
- 4 MIDI tracks
- 1 arpeggiator per track
- Polyphonic sequencing
- Individual track lengths
- Parameter locks
- Micro timing
- Trig conditions
- Sound per step change
Send & master effects
- Panoramic Chorus send effect
- Saturator Delay send effect
- Supervoid Reverb send effect
- Overdrive master effect
- 128 × 64 pixel OLED screen
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced audio out jacks
- 2 × 1/4” audio in jacks
- 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A and A/D converters
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN Sync out
- Sturdy steel casing
- Dimensions: W 215 × D 176 × H 63 mm (8.5” × 6.9” × 2.5”) (including knobs and feet)
- Weight: approximately 1.49 kg (3.3 lbs)
- 100 × 100 mm VESA mounting holes. Use M4 screws with a max length of 7 mm.
- Overbridge enabled
- 3 year Elektron warranty
Included in the box
- Power Supply PSU-3b
- Elektron USB cable