Grandmother Dark is a new color variant for Moog Grandmother. Grandmother Dark presents the same great features, sounds, and specs as the original colorful Grandmother, now offered in an all-black color scheme that invokes the timeless look of Moog's classic modular control panels.
Grandmother is a sonic playground that harkens back to Moog’s modular roots, where synthesis is not only about the end result, but the journey of discovery and experimentation. While capable of highly complex sounds and modulation, Grandmother's semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, ensuring that human beings of any skill-level can easily explore and experience the joys and magic of analog synthesis.
Inspired by the classic Moog modular synthesizers that came before it, Grandmother's sound engine, modulation engine and onboard spring reverb tank are completely analog, resulting in an unrestricted sonic vocabulary of immeasurable beauty and power. In addition, Grandmother also features an easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer for added enjoyment and programmable syncopation.
Though not required, creative patching and exploration are the keys to discovering exciting new relationships between modules and to truly unlocking Grandmother’s infinite expanse of auditory inspiration. Patching can also be used to override internal connections, allowing each section to function just as an independent module would.
In addition to its standalone function, Grandmother is also an ideal analog audio processor for external sound sources, and a powerful keyboard front end for expanding a Mother-32, DFAM or Eurorack modular system.
- Hardware Spring Reverb can be used to process external sounds
- ¼” External audio input for guitars, drum machines, and more.
- Semi-modular - no patching is required
- Easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer
- Store up to 3 sequences with up to 256 notes each
- 2 Analog Oscillators with selectable waveshape and hard sync
- Classic 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter
- Patchable 1-Pole High Pass filter
- Analog ADSR Envelope Generator
- Analog LFO with audio-rate capabilities
- 32-note Fatar keyboard with velocity
- All normalized connections can be interrupted for full modularity
- DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB MIDI
- Patchable bipolar attenuator
- Works with Mother-32, DFAM, Eurorack modular systems and more
- 41 patch points with 21 inputs, 16 outputs and a Parallel-Wired 4-jack Mult
23"W x 14 1/4" D x 5 1/2" H
Included Power Adapter 12V, 2A -100 to 240 Volts AC, 50/60Hz