Matriarch Dark is a new color variant for Moog Matriarch. Matriarch Dark presents the same great features, sounds, and specs as the original colorful Matriarch, now offered in an all-black color scheme that invokes the timeless look of Moog's classic modular control panels.
Matriarch is an analog synthesizer with an emphasis on imagination. The pinnacle of Moog’s semi-modular family of synthesizers, Matriarch’s patchable architecture and classic Moog circuits reward open exploration with endless sonic possibilities and unparalleled analog sound.
Easily create rich harmonic shapes with up to 4 notes of paraphony that can be sequenced, shifted, and stored with Matriarch’s intuitive 256 step sequencer, or stack the analog VCOs to play on a massive 4 oscillator mono synth.
With a deep assortment of synthesis modules based on Bob Moog’s original circuit designs, Matriarch’s 100% analog signal path spans a dynamic sonic vocabulary – from overdriven monophonic bass to gently evolving paraphonic plucks that cycle through waveshapes into a wash of infinite delay trails . Coupling the power of vintage-designed stereo ladder filters, dual Envelope Generators, stereo Analog Delays, and stereo VCAs, Matriarch delivers a multi-dimensional sound that empowers the sonic exploration of space and time .
Though Matriarch’s semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, 90 modular patch points are easily accessible throughout the panel via the included 3.5mm patch cables. This powerful electronic instrument is a highly-versatile addition to any stage or studio that can effortlessly transform from a performance keyboard into a fully modular analog synthesizer at a moment’s notice.
In addition to its standalone function, Matriarch is also an ideal processor of external sound sources and a powerful keyboard front-end for expanding a DFAM, Mother-32, Grandmother, or Eurorack modular system.
- Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. (Can be decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear)
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer - no patching required
- 90 modular patch points for endless exploration
- Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard w/ patchable velocity and aftertouch
- 4 analog oscillators w/ selectable waveshape and hard sync per-oscillator
- Full-range analog LFO with 6 selectable waveshapes
- Dual analog filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes available
- Dual analog ADSR envelopes
- Dual analog VCAs
- 3x bipolar voltage controlled attenuators with ring mod capability
- 2x4 parallel wired unbuffered mults
- Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs
- 1/4“ external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines, and more through Matriarch’s analog circuits
- Stereo ¼” and 3.5mm Eurorack level audio outputs
- Oscillators based on the Minimoog
- Mixer based on the classic CP3 module
- Filters based on the classic 904A module
- Envelopes based on the classic 911 module
- VCAs based on the classic 902 module
- Analog Delay based on the MF-104M and 500 Series effects
- TYPE-- Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- SOUND-ENGINE-- 100% Analog
- NUMBER-OF-KEYS-- 49 Full-Size Keys
- TYPE-OF-KEYS-- Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are not hard-wired – available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- OTHER-CONTROLLERS-- Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal into CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
- POLYPHONY-- Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic
- SOUND-SOURCES-- 4x Analog Oscillators with Selectable Waveforms (Oscillators 2, 3, and 4 support Hard Sync), White Noise Generator, External Input jack.
- MIXER-- 6 input (5 eurorack level and 1 instrument level) DC coupled discrete mixer with asymmetrical clipping behavior
- FILTERS-- 24dB/Octave Low Pass Filter with Resonance, 24dB/Octave switchable Low Pass/High Pass Filter with Resonance. Configurable in parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP).
- MOD-SOURCES-- Analog Modulation Oscillator with selectable and patchable output (Sine, Saw, Ramp, Square, Stepped Triangle, Smoothed Random, Sample and Hold, Noise). Additional LFO (Tri, Square)
- ENVELOPES-- 2x Four-Stage ADSR with End of Envelope gate outputs
- ATTENUATORS-- 3x Bipolar Voltage Controlled Attenuators with Ring Mod capabilities
- MULTS-- 2x4 Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- VCAs-- 2x discrete analog VCAs routed in stereo
- EFFECTS-- Stereo Analog Delay with Ping/Pong, MIDI and CV clock sync, voltage controlled Mix, and independent L/R delay times, feedback, and I/O.
- ARPEGGIATOR-Ø-STEP-SEQUENCER-- 256 Steps with up to 4 notes per step; 12 Sequence locations
- PATCH-POINTS-- 90 x 3.5mm front and rear panels, 49 Inputs, 33 Outputs, 2x4 Parallel-wired Mults.
- PEDAL-INPUTS-- 1/4” Sustain, 1/4” Expression
- AUDIO-INPUT-- 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
- AUDIO-OUTPUTS-- 2x 1/4” TS jacks for line level output (Rear Panel), 1/4” Headphone jack with dedicated level knob (rear panel), 2x 3.5mm Eurorack level outputs, 2x 3.5mm Delay outputs
- MIDI-IØO-- 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- DIMENSIONS-- 32” (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
- POWER-- Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC, 50/60Hz with screw-on barrel connector.
- WEIGHT-- 24lbs. / 10.89kg
24 lbs. / 10.89kg
32” (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC,
50/60Hz with screw-on barrel connector.