THE MIXER/ATTENUVERTER THAT DOES NOT GET IN THE WAY
Shades provides 3 channels of audio/CV processing which can be configured either as active attenuators or as attenuverters.
Unconnected inputs are normalized to an internal precision voltage reference, which can produce either a +5V or +10V constant voltage.
Shades’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2 or 3 channels to be mixed together.
This 2020 revision matches the design language used in the most popular and recent Mutable Instruments modules like Marbles, Plaits or Rings.
Useful in every patch
- Mix audio sources or CVs.
- Add offsets to CVs, or change their polarity.
A companion for other modules
- Transpose the output of a sequencer without compromising V/O tracking.
- Attenuate/invert CVs sent to modules which do not have attenuverters on their CV inputs.
- Control with a knob parameters of other modules that are only accessible through CV inputs (like Just Friends’ RUN or the Dixie’s PW).
- Input impedance: 100k.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- Low-distortion audio op-amps and thin film 0.1% resistors improve transparency in audio mixing applications, and allow exact unitary gains for precision summing of pitch CV signals.
- Stable and precise voltage reference, independent of power supply fluctuations.
6 HP with 25mm depth