The Instruō Cš-L is a dual analogue oscillator optimised for generation of complex waveforms. It features two contrasting discrete circuit oscillators that are normalled to one another, offering a variety of simultaneous modulation routings. The resulting harmonic timbres sit far beyond the realms of traditional subtractive synthesis.
It expands upon the classic complex oscilla tor paradigm prominent in the West-coast synthesis philosophy. Typical cross modulation is expanded upon with inclusion of signal multiplication/amplitude modulation, a wavefolder per oscillator, final waveform symmetry biasing, classic and contemporary PWM, a global modulation index bus, and a digitally-controlled routing scheme that can be configured on-the-fly.
The two separate oscillator cores, simultaneous access to all included waveforms (both classic and contemporary), and the ability for bi-directional modulation, the Cš-L truly allows the user to shape sound like never before.
Cš-L | siː-əz-ɛl | proverb (derivative) “complex sauce-later” (see Tš-L )
- Sawtooth core voltage controlled oscillator (Oscillator A – Top)
- Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Pulse, wavefold final
- Triangle core voltage controlled oscillator (Oscillator B – Bottom)
- Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Square/Sub, double pulse, wavefold final
- 1V/octave, Coarse and Fine pitch controls per oscillator
- Frequency modulation input per oscillator, linear or exponential response, with attenuators
- LFO range switch for oscillator A
- Switchable link between 1V/octave inputs for parallel tracking
- Multiply output with three modulator behaviour options
- CV over each wavefolder with attenuverters
- Symmetry offset control for each wavefolder with attenuverters
- CV controllable modulation bus (INDEX) with versatile definable internal routing