The Organelle S is for musicians who like what they see and hear in the Organelle M but don't need the portability of the M's battery power and speaker.
In all other functions, the S is identical to the M. They share same patches, processor, RAM, audio & MIDI connections, keys, knobs, screen, microphone, HDMI output, USB ports, and power adapter.
• The Organelle S is great for studios & pedalboards.
• The Organelle M is portable and autonomous!
• The Organelle is a powerful instrument that keeps up with your spontaneity and creativity!
The Organelle® makes it easy to explore new sounds and experiment with new ways of making music. It combines playful and intuitive controls with a powerful and flexible sound engine. The result is an instrument that is limitless in musical possibility and a joy to play.
At the heart of the Organelle's sound engine is a robust computer that runs patches. A patch allows the instrument to take on different forms. Onboard hardware for sound input and output and mappable knobs, keys and buttons enable patches to synthesize, sample, effect, and anything in between!
The Organelle ships with a set of common default patches, and new patches may be loaded from a USB drive. Simply select patches from a continually-growing list, transfer them to a USB drive, reinsert it in the Organelle, and play!
Don't see the exact patch you need? You can create it yourself! Patches may be created and/or edited directly on the device. Plug in a keyboard, mouse and monitor and begin customizing. The Organelle runs patches created in the powerful computer music programming environment Pure Data.
As you create patches or tweak existing ones you can share them with others! The Organelle is built with community interaction in mind. The entire system runs open source software and may be customized at every level.
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz; 16-bit (In & Out)
- ¼" Stereo Sound Output Jack
- ¼" Stereo Sound Input Jack
- ⅛" Stereo Headphone Output Jack
- High-Contrast OLED Display Screen
- Four Parameter Knobs
- Rotary Selection knob with Push Button Select
- Volume Knob
- 25x Maple Key
- RGB LED
- 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A53 (Quad-core; 64-bit)
- 1GB RAM
- Linux Operating System
- Boot time: ~12 seconds
- 8GB microSD card installed. Card is split into two ~4GB partitions: one for OS and another for patches and any required files (audio samples, etc.).
- ⅛" TRS MIDI Input Jack (Type A)
- ⅛" TRS MIDI Output Jack (Type A)
- 2x USB Port (2.0 standard-A type connector). USB Host for: MIDI over USB & Serial over USB
- HDMI output port
- ¼" Footswitch Jack
- 9VDC, 1.0 Amp, Center-positive plug
- Organelle M can be powered by four 'AA' Batteries (1.2-1.5V per cell)
- Size: 10.625 x 3.36 x 2.175 inches
Size: 27 x 8.53 x 5.52 cm
- Weight: 1.09 lbs / 495g
- Enclosure: Powder coated aluminum top and bottom, screen printed ink, rubber foot pads
What's included in Box:
- 1x Organelle
- 1x Power Supply. Input: 100-240 Volts AC at 50/60 Hz. US/North America-Style Plug.
- 1x USB-WiFi adapter w/ Ralink 5370 chipset